Tuesday, November 22, 2011

(Almost) Drug Free

Yesterday was my 15th day of ATRA--the last day for Round 1. Today is the first day I will have been (almost) drug free since my diagnosis. For the next two and a half months, the only medication I will be taking will be the Warfarin to prevent blood clots.

That means no headaches, nausea, wooziness, or fatigue for two and a half months. No struggling to function and no attempting to hide how bad I feel.

In January I'll have a cat scan of my liver to assess if I need to remain on the Warfarin. If my liver has repaired itself, my doctor may take me off the Warfarin. For a few days before I start the next round of ATRA, I could be completely drug free.

For those few days, it would be like none of this ever happened.

Except it did happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment