Sunday, October 21, 2012

Light the Night - Verona, NJ


We really are blessed to have such wonderful friends.

For the Verona Park, NJ Light the Night event, Team Life's a Beach had a great turn-out. The toddlers, in particular, had a very strong showing. Our friends have been so supportive and amazing throughout this health ordeal. We felt honored to have them walk with us.

My mom also flew in for the event (between Ryan and me in the picture). She's always there when I need her, or simply when I want her.



Thanks to everyone involved in our campaign for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, we've raised $6,755. Wow!
Patients sometimes are referred to as "heros," for what they go through. They may be the ones battling, but being a hero is about saving others, and that's what our team members have done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I wish you every success with your APL treatment. Unfortunately, my wife died of an APL induced inter-cranial haemmorhage, aged 46 on November 6th. She had previously been treated for breast cancer in 2008/9, with a mastectomy, chemo and radiation treatment. Please be aware, and make other APL/Breast cancer sufferers aware of the chromosome which links these 2 conditions,chromosome 17. My advice for APL sufferers is to have regular mammagrams and my advice for breast cancer sufferers is to have regular blood tests. My wife was diagnosed with pancytopenia on October 18th but did not received treatment for her boood disorder until November 4th, when she was diagnosed with APL. She suffered her fatal haemmorhage 15 hours later. Paul Franks, UK

    ReplyDelete