Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Prayers for Chuck Pagano

Chuck Pagano, the new coach of the Indianapolis Colts has just been diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia, or APL--the same type of leukemia that I have. Please include him and his family in your prayers.

The Colts play the Green Bay Packers this Sunday. As much as I love the Packers, Pagano's battle in his hospital room is far more important than the one that will transpire on the field. On second thought, I do believe that the lessons learned from sports help in fighting illness, and he will be cheering for his team from the bed.

Therefore, I will not feel guilty routing for the Packers, while I am routing for their opposition's coach.

P.S. Mom, when the broadcasters mention Pagano's situation during the game, please don't cry. We're both going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment