Wednesday, November 7, 2012

ATRA Round 5, Day 1

So I'm beginning this 15 day round a little more out of sorts than usual. After eight days of no power, the lights in our house just went on last night. It's been a stressful past week, both at home and with the commute situation, but since others on the coast are in much worse shape I can't complain.

We had a Dr. Goldberg appointment on Monday, at which my blood was drawn for the PCR test that will tell us if I've been in remission for one year. We discussed with him my ongoing issues with pain/nausea management during the ATRA. This round, we're going to see if it works better for Ryan to take me to the cancer center to receive intravenous drugs for relief during the hardest days.

It's snowing right now. The nor'easter has arrived. Hopefully we don't lose power again. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    Gee, tough to get a break out your way isn't it?! Our thoughts are with you not only due to weather but of course with your treatment; I didn't realize each round was 15 days. I hope the new plan helps; I'm so glad you have Rob, I keep him in my prayers as well. Take care of you.
    Love,
    Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete