Monday, October 17, 2011

Book Review: Eating Well Through Cancer

 
 
Holly Clegg's "Eating Well Through Cancer" is a great aid for caregivers and patients. Not only are the recipes simple and appetizing, but the book takes a healing approach. The recipes are organized by the side effect they are intended to help mitigate. For example, there are sections for patients with Neutropenia (high fevers) and those needing high caloric meals to help them gain weight.

I am not much of a cook, even more so in my present state, but my friend, Kelly, made two of the recipes this weekend (pictured below). They were both delicious, and once I am recovered I will try some of the other recipes. I don't need chemotherapy as an excuse to test out some of these appealing meals.

Pictures of Kelly's creations:

Mexican Chicken Casserole (a.k.a. Caregiver Casserole)
Good for Caregiver

Banana Pudding Trifle
 Good for Day of Chemotherapy

No comments:

Post a Comment