Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Daunorubicin Day Two

Two days down, one to go in this cycle. Then I recover for three weeks. The nausea has been worse today, so the doctor put me on a stronger anti-nausea medicine before my Daunorubicin injection this afternoon. The ATRA headaches persist, but the pain killers to help with those cause nausea. Best solution I can think of is to take a nap.

Thank you to my friend, Danielle, who took me to the appointment today. She learned the hard way that because of all these medicines, I'm not in a condition to give accurate driving directions.

What's that saying? A picture's worth a thousand expletives?

At summer camp while I was a kid, Kool-Aid was called, "Bug Juice." For obvious reasons. A cousin of the drug being administered to me in the picture above has earned the nickname, "The Red Devil." Also for obvious reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Shelley, please know I am thinking of you and if thoughts of comfort work at all they should be coming your way NOW! Love you, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete