Friday, September 9, 2011

IVIG

I received the intravenous immunoglobulin this morning. When we got home, I took a two hour nap. The infusion went smoothly, though now I feel a bit like I have the flu.

Dr. Goldberg said he hasn't seen an immunoglobulin deficiency as a side effect of Arsenic Trioxide in other APL patients. So this might not be from the arsenic. Hmmm.

The extra antibodies should help me through the chemo round that starts Monday. In the beginning of October, they'll test my IgG level again. If it's still low, I'll have another infusion then. This winter we'll address what it means if my level appears to be chronically low. Not worth worrying about it now.

2 comments:

  1. where are you getting treatments, i am a newly diagnosed APL patient in philly.. you can read my story here: mra99.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your story. So sorry to learn about what you've been through. Send me a request on Facebook so I have your info and can add you to our private APL Facebook group.

    ReplyDelete