Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life is a Beach

Throughout the past two weeks, life has felt a lot more like a b*tch than a beach. But I believe God has a master plan, and there's got to be a lot of white sandy beaches in that plan, right? My goal is to be walking along one of those beaches by August (no, the Jersey Shore does not count).

Today we received good news. The results of my bone marrow test came back, and they confirmed the original diagnosis. The type of Leukemia I have is currently the most curable of the varieties. It has an 80-85% remission rate.

Now that they know the exact type, they will be starting the heavy chemotherapy drug tonight. I am nervous about this, but maybe it will be a walk on the beach. Tomorrow I will give the names of the drugs and timeline for the treatment, once I get better at typing on this new iPad (and get the spellings of the drugs).

At some point I will add entries about what has transpired over the past two weeks, but first I wanted to focus on how we're moving forward. Thank you to everyone who has expressed sympathy for the loss of Lily, concern for my health, and a desire to help our family. I apologize I haven't been very responsive. I will get there.

 

7 comments:

  1. The blog is a great idea -- thanks for sharing it with us. You know you're in all our thoughts and prayers! (Keeping up with emails and phone calls can be annoying at the best of times, and this is far from the best of times, so the blog is a great solution.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Love, sarah
    Never forget PMA (positive mental attitude)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, Rob and Alyssa, We're praying for you all. Stay strong girl! Love you! Andrea and Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley, Rob and Alyssa,

    I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you all during this difficult time. Shelley, you are one strong lady and will get through this in no time! Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Thinking of you.

    Love,

    Holly Mazurko

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing blog Shelley! You have such courage and are so talented with your words. We are thinking of you and your family and hoping for those white sandy beaches that you truly deserve and will find. Stay strong and positive and keep writing! And know we are all with you at this important time. Love, Vanessa & Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete