Friday, April 22, 2011

Room with a Different View

When I came to after the bronchoscopy, the doc informed me they were moving me from the oncology wing to the ICU.

They found blood in my lungs. Coupled with the clotting issue in the liver, these are hard to treat at the same time. Thus why they want me in the ICU in case an emergency procedure is required.

Docs think it's better to treat the blood in my lungs first (which has caused a lot of coughing). Today I received two platelete transfusions, a blood transfusion, and steroids to try to fix this.

Despite another rough day, I feel okay at the moment. Made it through another day, and I have so much to look forward to once I start feeling better.

2 comments:

  1. Eric and Amy send their love, as do I of course. It seems you're in a great facility and they are really on top of everything. We are thinking of you and praying for you. Still at times I cannot grasp that this has happened to you Sweetie, but your attitude is important and you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have you in my prayers Shelley and hope to read very soon that your body makes an upward turn for the best. I finally got connected with the ACS people in NJ. I was told you are at the BEST of the best facility so I know they will live up to their reputation and get you feeling better and cured ASAP. Just keep dreaming of Alyssa and Rob during the rough times. They along with your family are the light at the end of this dark tunnel. Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete